Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This week's topic: Bookish Confessions
- I use to not read the blurb when I browse the library for books. I judge by the cover and thickness of the book. I know pretty awful! I'm getting better.
- I use to dog ear library books when a certain passage hits me (lame excuse but when I first saw dog ears to several library books, I thought it was okay ..really, I was a book reading newbie). Now I see that it's torture to books! I've long since stopped and felt guilty at ever doing it.
- I use to review a book the day I finish it. Now I go as far as a month before I write a review. I don't like it. I want to go back to writing a review right away but my time management skills are terrible.
- I suck at understanding poetry (same might apply to some classics). That said it makes me think I'm not sophisticated or smart.
- It often takes me 3hrs to write a review! Even the two measly paragraphs. I get caught up at ascertaining the perfect concise words.
- I wish I could speed read ..and still comprehend what I'm reading.
- There have been a few times when my kids have gone without their baths or had super late dinners so that I could read or write a review.
- I didn't believe in memes at first but here I am filling my blog with them ..but I am choosy.
- I'm a Kindle freebie addict! The more saving from the original price, the bigger thrill. Hence, I usually will not get the book if the original price is less than $2 (unless highly recommended).
- I get a kick at seeing my "read" shelf on Goodreads grow! At first I would add picture books there but I thought it was "cheating" so I stopped doing it and deleted them from my shelf.