Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF: Buy or Borrow?


Who's ready for the weekend?! I know I am! I'm introducing a new(ish) feature for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts & to propose a question for my followers. Feel free to get involved by linking up at the bottom. If not, I'd love to read your responses in the comments. Thanks! (Ginger @GRreads)

This Friday's question: Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?

My answer:
I'd say a good 90% of the books I read come from loan at my local library.  I'm frugal so it's the best way to go!  Luckily my library has a great selection.  And because I'm frugal I usually only buy bargain books ... new or old from bookstores/online stores.  Then of course, occasionally I'd win books through book blogging friends.  ~I don't feel the need to own books but certainly if there's one I must have then I'd go get it .. and that's a rarity in my case.  I may not have a great collection but I've obtained a few I really treasure.

My week's recap:
  • Book Review:  The Wizard of Oz
  • Limelight Reviews:  I Am David by Anne Holm
  • Pondering the Scriptures Sunday
  • Must Read Monday: Push by Sapphire
  • Young Adult Giveaway Hop

2 comments:

  1. Words cannot express how much I envy you and your outlook. My bank account also envies you. Sigh.

    Here's mine:
    http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2012/01/tgif-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I felt the same way you do. I prefer to buy my books rather than get them from the library or borrow them. I have the bad habbit of reading books from the library, absolutely loving them, and then going out and buying a copy.

    I've had to change this though. Since Borders went out of business, my city doesn't have a new bookstore. Thank goodness I have a fantastic library in my city.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates