Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 16, 2012

TGIF: Social Networking


"Feature for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts & to propose a question ". Go HERE to join the fun!

This week's question: Social Networking: Do you use Twitter or Facebook to promote your blog? How has it benefited your book blogging experience? If not, how do you promote your blog? Share your twitter handle and/or Facebook link!

My answer:  I do have Twitter and Facebook accounts.  I have a Facebook "Fan" Page that I utilize to update followers of my blog posts (though lately it's been more of every several days/weekly summary) and occasionally have book giveaways exclusively for them.  Then I have another Facebook account (personal ..book related) and Twitter accounts that I joined to be in the social networking scene but it's so time consuming that I'm not there as often as I want.  Basically these avenues have given my blog some traffic so that's a big plus.  If I were more vigilant in utilizing them, I'd have more exposure but my time is limited as it is.  I must say, they're wonderful ways to ask questions, find out what people are up to, find interesting info, and to vent ..I mean to share something meaningful.  (:

Now, here's my social networking links:
Facebook Fan Page:  Books That Tug The Heart
Twitter:  @jinxtweet

Hope to see you there!  If you become a new follower there, leave me a comment and I'll follow you right back. :)

My Week's Recap (3/9-3/15):
  • Mail Giddy:  Book I won, library book loot
  • Book Review:  The Lost Saints of Tennessee by Amy Franklin-Willis
  • Book Review:  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • Book Review:  The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings

2 comments:

  1. I don't use Twitter as much as I probably should - and now that I've heard about so many people connecting with favorite authors on there, I might have to get back on it a little more :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates