Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 1, 2010

My October Plan: Recognize, Prioritize, and Conquer


I've been enjoying reading and reviewing books but it has taken quite a toll on me.  My newly mind set of 'I'd rather be reading' has put a lot of other things on the back burner and have left me with a guilty and cluttered lifestyle, so it's time for balance.  That said, I need a roll call of those back burner stuff, get them in order of importance, and then start chipping away at them.  For example, my grooming.  I need to shave my legs, pluck my eyebrows, and it sure would be nice to get a mani/pedicure!  Don't even get me started on my hair ...it's been six month since cut and color so the top half length of my hair is black and the lower half a blonde weave ... what a pretty sight, eh?  Also, I've pretty much abandoned my family blog and psychologically making me feel that my family isn't important.  Yes, I still spend time with them and take pictures but I don't make time to scrapbook/journal our activities.  Oh and speaking of activities.  I need to exercise.  Picking up a book and curling up with it for hours on end has given me an extra pair of love handles ...another pretty sight!  Above all is my messy house.  My dream is for my husband to come home to a sparkling house.  He deserves it and I feel so awful everyday that I haven't given that to him.  My 'to be cleaned pile' has surpassed my 'to be read pile', no contest.  I feel like a failure!!!  Of course, there's a ton more other things I can list but then this will turn into a novel.  Suffice it to say that I need a break from my intense attention to reading and reviewing.

I can't imagine going cold turkey but I need to make an effort to get my back burner stuff up front, recognized, prioritized, and conquered.

Thank you for your support thus far and I shall 'see' you in due time.   ~Take great care. :)

P.S.  Another thing that's been eating me up is having to miss hosting a '100 follower giveaway contest'.  I haven't forgotten and will do one because I do appreciate my followers.  I'm thinking of combining it with a '100th book reviewed giveaway contest' that I'm planning to do.  I think I have about 10 more books to go.  Anyway, to alleviate my guilt with this ... when I come back, I will make a greater effort to visit and comment on all my followers.  Afterall, that's what we all want.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Jinky, no problem. I totally understand. There are times when I do take breaks, too, from reading and blogging, because life is insistently calling. And I applaud your "de-cluttering" efforts.

    We'll be here when you get back, and we'll be looking forward to when you do.:) Good luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan to me!! Come back when it feels right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jinky! I've passed on the Cherry on Top Award to you :) You can pick it up here: http://thebooklopedia.blogspot.com/2010/10/cherry-on-top-award.html

    Cleo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get it, Jinky. I love to read but need a break from it sometimes, too, to take care of life. And I don't review them like you do, either. I plan to still be around when you're ready to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure. Take a break, but be sure you come back. We will miss you if you are gone too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tooooootally agree!! I really need to re-prioritize too. Good Luck!!! Come back and hang out when you can though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates