Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Brief Reviews: Catch Up Edition

James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl, YR, 1996, 126p, rating=4
Read: October 2012
Source: library

Imaginative, adventurous, and simply a darling children's book.  Now I've got to trackdown the movie version and see how close it got.
Quantum Paleo by Doug Willen, NF, 2012, Kindle ebook edition, 186p, rating=3
Read: October 2012
Source:  own

Had seen "paleo" floating around and wanted to know what it is.  This book was informative and really cut to the chase.  It provided links to find more details.  I tried the diet for a week and it worked!  I lost 3.5 lbs.  But troubles started and I went back to my bad eating habits! :( 

The Seven Gods of Luck by David Kudler, YR, o1977, 2012, Kindle anniversary edition, 32p, rating=4
Read: November 2012
Source: own

I like Asian storries and this folklore retelling was cute and sweet.  I enjoyed learning about this particular new year's tradition of the Japanese people with the added bonus of a fun portrayer of the seven gods of luck.  Awesome!
Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore, YR, o1823, 2012, Kindle ebook edition, 32p, rating=4
Read: November 2012
Source: own

Magical looking illustrations and of couse the story's a classic.  Glad this edition didn't stray from the original. 




1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Idaho! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can't wait
    to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just
    3G .. Anyways, superb site!
    Here is my page :: satilik daireler alanya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates