Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 5, 2014

E is for Easter


Definition: This word occurs only once in the Bible (Acts 12:4) and then would be better translated “Passover.” The word Easter is from Eastre, a Norse goddess whose pagan festival was observed at the spring equinox. The association of this pagan goddess with the celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ was only by adaptation and synthesis. There is no real connection. Jesus, being the Lamb of God, was crucified at Passover time and is the true Passover (see 1 Cor. 5:7). He was raised from the grave on the third day thereafter. It thus became a springtime anniversary and has come to be called Easter in the Christian world.



Here's a picture story about the first Easter that you may want to share with your little ones.  You can view it larger here and print if you desire.













6 comments:

  1. I love Easter, although this year I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all the lead up to it. (This is my first Easter season as a church organist.)

    http://carolsnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome talent! I remember in middle school going to an elective organ class, got overwhelmed by all the buttons & stuff that I never came back! Shame on me! --Much fun to your Easter program!

      Delete
  2. The older I get, the more I appreciate the spiritual side of Easter. Of course, with kids, I still enjoy the baskets and eggs and chocolate bunnies etc etc etc. :O)

    LuAnn Braley
    AJ's Hooligans @AtoZChallenge
    Back Porchervations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a plus to recognize the true reason for the celebration. :)

      Delete
  3. I also love easter it is one of my favourite times of year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it too ..and not necessarily because it fall on my birthday month. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates