Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Clockwork Angel

by Cassandra Clare, YA, 2010, 479p, rating=4.5
read:  11/10/10

When this was going around the blogosphere I was taken by the book cover.  It's not flowery pretty but mystically appealing to my eyes.  So I was bummed that it was not available in my library when it finally came out.  But a couple of weeks ago it was there!!  Whoohoo!! I snatched it! 

What a gripping storyline... Tessa Gray, an orphaned teenager living in New York, crosses the ocean to find her missing older brother in England.  There she gets kidnapped by the Dark Sisters and discovers that she holds a rare power that the Magister will stop at nothing to have.  Then she gets rescued and takes refuge with Shadowhunters that will help her find her brother.  She soon finds herself torn between two interesting guys and continues to become aware of London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks, and such reside.  Of course, a battle ensues, secrets are revealed, and yet more hidden mysteries awaits to be disclosed in the next installment(s).

I took quite a liking to the heroine and was there beside her while she tries to figure out about herself and the secret entities she discovered in England.  Ms Clare has conjured up seductive characters (though I think Jem supplied wisdom beyond his age) and fascinating hidden worlds.  This book is packed with action, romance, intrigue, and even a little bit of poetry.  I truly was transfixed.  I am definitely looking forward to the sequel.  ~Now, I really need to start The Mortal Instruments!!  ...I'll get there .. it's on my tbr list. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look for this one too. How are you liking listening to Tom Sawyer?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates