Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pondering the Scriptures Sunday #11


Today let's take a look at Matthew 11:28-30:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:  and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  ~Jesus Christ.

If you're a Christian you will find these words especially comforting.  After all, we all have moments of rough times so this warm plea from our elder brother tells us that He can bring us peace.  Therefore, He is the problem solving deity to turn to. :)

I am grateful for the rest that Christ brings in my life.  Life guarantees difficult times but through Christ those times are lifted.  No obstacles too great or too late to triumph through Him.  The result is true happiness.

These things I humbly leave with you in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

  1. You should look up a song called "Come All You Weary" by Thrice. Apart from being a beautiful song, the lyrics also reference the verses you've just shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates