Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Change of venue

Those who have been following me will know that this started out to be my spiritual blog ... the place to log my quest to turning my weakness of reading the scriptures into a strength. I have found difficulty in a routine of study so I was not regular in posting. Recently, I admitted to myself that my weakness was not specific to reading the scriptures, but reading in general. So, I set another goal to get myself reading books since basically that's the root of my struggle ... the need for reading discipline and desire. I do not know good authors or books out there so this will be an adventure! I hope to accomplish a love for reading and through the process will give me the discipline to studying the scriptures. Don't get me wrong, I have not eliminated scripture reading. In fact, I have committed to reading the scriptures daily with my 7yo son. Together we read a chapter or so from the Book of Mormon.

Since this will be my climb to changing my weakness of reading into a strength, I will not set myself to fail! My motto, inspired from a friend's post in her blog, is "Inch by inch is a synch, yard by yard is hard", thus I will pursue this quest slowly and carefully.

I don't want to stray far from the original aura of this blog ... that is, that it be spiritual. So that's why I'm mainly in the quest for books that tug at the heart. I also expect to continue to write about spiritual moments I experience from reading in the scriptures and church materials.

Thank you in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates