Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Hannah's List"

by Debbie Macomber, 2010, 412p, rating=2.5

I was disappointed. I didn't like this book as much as a thought I might. It was a smooth and simple read for a thick book but much of it was predictable and lacked richness. I like a couple of the supporting characters; Ritchie the brother-in-law and Harvey the old man neighbor. I liked Ritchie's enduring family support and Harvey's spunk!

Michael's wife dies of cancer and a year later he reads a letter from Hannah (his wife) that Ritchie (his brother-in-law) kept until this designated time. In the letter Hannah professes her love for her husband and encourages him to move on and even provides a list of women he might try to find companionship with. On the list were: Winter, her cousin; Leanne, her oncology nurse; and Macy, a model that she befriended. Of course initially Michael was against the idea but by Hannah's "ghostly" doings, he was able to meet the women. Each had their own heartaches and he found understanding for the first two women but Macy was definitely his total opposite! What was Hannah thinking, he thought. So lots of getting to know you moments and crazy hangups later, Michael ends up with one of them. I'm sure you guess right!

Oddly enough, all the women gets a happy ending. I like happy endings. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough for me this time. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates