Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Christ

atoz2012
My A to Z blogging theme is characters in (people from) the scriptures. Since my blog is a book blog, this theme would fit right in and help me strengthen a weakness at the same. How fantastic is that?!  This challenge is a blessing. Thank you A to Z Challenge team!  *Book: LDS quad combo scriptures: KJV Holy Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, Pearl of Great Price. (p)1989, (c)1979.

He is Risen by Del Parson

Today is my birthday and so it is a wonderful treat for me to talk about "Christ, the son of the living God" (Matt.16:16).  But instead of attempting to define or summarize Jesus Christ, I will share a recent experience of His influence on me.

This passed March was particulary trying for me.  The hate that I have been taming for many many years finally took full bloom last month.  I truly had hate in my heart for what I justified as appropriate.  This hate privately consumed me.  But not enough to completely overtake my faith or more importantly Christ's faith in me.  My prayer for forgiveness and understanding was going to be answered.  Believe it or not, this A to Z challenge was the spark!  That wee hour of the night that the theme came to me began the path to healing my festered heart.  To prepare for my posts, I had to read the scriptures and I found myself studying.  It felt good.  That goodness opened me up to really listen to the General Conference (semiannual world conference of the LDS Church) addresses this passed weekend.  I felt even better!  I had invited good things into my heart and before I knew it, I couldn't justify the hate to stay with me.  Just like that. 

What does this have to do with Christ?  Everything!  He knows me.  He loves me.  He roots for me.  He died for me.  At a vulnerable moment and what seemed to me a bleak case, He understood me and interceded my case to Heavenly Father for help.  He knew that for me, the answer was specifically getting me to read and study the scriptures and stick to it!  There will I find strength, enlightenment, hope, and love.  There lies opening up my spirit to be comforted.  There lies my path to eternal progression.  There I will find Him, my Savior and Redeemer.  There I will find peace.

I will continue to read, study, and ponder the scriptures because I still do not know exactly what to do when I see that person whom I thwart a hate for but I am promised that I will, "..feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." 2 Nephi 32:3.

I change my mind.  I will quote a definition of Christ afterall (found in my scriptures' Bible Dictionary):

Christ. The anointed (Gk.) or Messiah (Heb.). Jesus, who is called Christ, is the firstborn of the Father in the spirit and the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is Jehovah, and was foreordained to his great calling in the Grand Councils before the world was. He was born of Mary at Bethlehem, lived a sinless life, and wrought out a perfect atonement for all mankind by the shedding of his blood and his death on the cross. He rose from the grave and brought to pass the bodily resurrection of every living thing and the salvation and exaltation of the faithful.

He is the greatest Being to be born on this earth—the perfect example—and all religious things should be done in his name. He is Lord of lords, King of kings, the Creator, the Savior, the God of the whole earth, the Captain of our salvation, the Bright and Morning Star. He is in all things, above all things, through all things, and round about all things; he is Alpha and Omega, the first and the last; his name is above every name, and is the only name under heaven by which we can be saved.

He will come again in power and glory to dwell on the earth, and will stand as Judge of all mankind at the last day.

Have a wonderful Easter everyone!  He is risen, so that we will too someday. 

I can honestly say I am happy.  Yeay!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your A to Z Challenge. It's a perfect time of year for it and sooo pleasant to read. Thanks for taking the time for such a special challenge.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! What a great idea for A to Z. I hope to get back and read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dynie and Marcy! I'm glad your enjoying them. I'm having fun finally putting my nose in a (scripture) book rather than just on Sundays in church.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates