Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pondering the Scriptures Sunday #45


Today's scripture came to mind from the closing hymn we sang in church today, Secret Prayer by Hans Henry Petersen.  A lovely hymn and so I wanted to share the scripture that may have inspired the song:

"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."  Matthew 6:6

A sincerely and humble prayer to God is quite a blessing/benefit (boon) and heaven reaching as suggested in the chorus of this hymn:

" May my heart be turned to pray, Pray in secret day by day, That this boon to mortals giv'n  May unite my souls with heav'n."

Happy pondering and praying my dear friends!!

2 comments:

  1. As you know I'm not a religious person but even I can see the beauty in these words, thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Petty, the words are beautiful. ~You're welcome. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates