Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Tuesdays with Morrie"

by Mitch Albom, 1997, 192pgs, rating=3.5

Another quick read and more importantly a good book by Albom. This is my fourth book of his that I've read so I'm used to his style of writing. Plus since this was his earlier book than the ones I've read, I noticed he'd learned a couple more tricks in writing ... that or the stories have gotten bigger and better over the years. Anyway, I'm not going to review this book, other than to say it carries sweet messages of wisdom that one gets from aging and to say go ahead and read it 'cause it's a pleasant book!

I want to take this time to reflect a bit on the books I've read so far. I didn't realize it, but much dealt with death and dying, mixed with life lessons one can make good out of those darknesses. I'm afraid I've unconsciously set myself up for something! Sure enough these lessons have done something good to me. Just awhile ago, my friend told me that her doctors found another tumor in her. I found myself empathizing instead of sympathizing. She's handling it as best as she can and truly it's no good to her to have a friend to be sad for her. Continued friendship, love, and respect are better. And if I listen well, I might discover what's best. ~I love you my dear friend. I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates