Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Jason

atoz2013

This is a challenge to post every day in April (except on Sundays) blogging thematically from A to Z. Go HERE for details. My A-Z theme this year is Greek Mythology inspired by the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan that I recently read.  Please be aware that what I write is my interpretation of my findings and may not necessarily be accurate.

Jason taming two evil bovine
Jason, aka Easun:
  • Ancient Greek hero famous as leader of the Argonauts and their quest for the Golden Fleece.
  • Son of Aeson, the rightful king of Iolcus.
  • Married Medea, the sorceress.
  • Appeared in various literature in the classical world of Greece and Rome, including the epic poem Argonautica and the tragedy Medea.
  • In the modern world, he emerged as a character in various adaptations of his myths, such as the 1963 film Jason and the Argonauts and the 2000 TV miniseries of the same name.
  • He has connections outside of the classical world, as he is seen as being the mythical founder of the city of Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia.


Jason and the Argonauts 2000 - Official Movie... by golemagr

Sources:
Daily Motion
Duke Art
Wikipedia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured book:

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison


6 comments:

  1. Today is the first day I found out Jason was the name of a Greek god! i will have to check out that book- I think I have read the author before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! At first I couldn't find a "J" and boom, he showed up and saved me! --The book's a good read.

      Delete
  2. I'm learning so much from your posts! Thanks. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like a lot of those greek mythological stories, but had never gotten into Jason of the Argonauts. Maybe it's because that's I had never read about and only got my information from TV shows. I guess TV failed me this time. :)

    Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't heard of him and his Argonauts either til this post. Dang TV!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates