Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Epimetheus

atoz2013
This is a challenge to post every day in April (except on Sundays) blogging thematically from A to Z. Go HERE for details. My A-Z theme this year is Greek Mythology inspired by the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan that I recently read.  Please be aware that what I write is my interpretation of my findings and may not necessarily be accurate.

Pandora offers jar to Epimetheus
(Wikipedia)

Epimetheus was a Titan whose name means "hindsight"/"afterthinker" while his twin brother, Prometheus, was the opposite,"foresight"/"fore-thinker". The twin Titans were entrusted to create mankind which involved distributing traits to all animals. Epimetheus was responsible for giving a positive trait to every animal, but when it was time to give man a positive trait, lacking foresight he found that there was nothing left.  Later Epimetheus was also said to have accepted the gift of Pandora which lead to the introduction of evil into the world.

Source:
Greek Mythology
Wikipedia

While you're here, my blog turned 3yo and I'm giving away $13 in Amazon, B&N, or TBD
Enter HERE

4 comments:

  1. I knew there was a reason we humans were so screwed up. Where is this guy, Epimetheus. I want a talk with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's why humans are the way they are! ;)

    Enjoying these posts. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, finally someone to blame for humanity's shortcomings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-Z challenge is a real education - thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates