This is a challenge to post every day in April (except on Sundays) blogging thematically from A to Z. Go HERE for details. My A-Z theme this year is Greek Mythology inspired by the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan that I recently read. Please be aware that what I write
is my interpretation of my findings and may not necessarily be accurateare straight quotes.
Also, "Featured Book" at the end of these posts are books I've reviewed in this book blog, coinciding with the letter of the day.
- A son of Zeus and Europa, and brother of king Minos of Crete (Hom. Il. xiv. 322),
- Or, according to others, a son of Hephaestus (Paus. viii. 53. § 2).
- From fear of his brother he fled to Ocaleia in Boeotia, and there married Alcmene.
- In consequence of his justice throughout life, he became, after his death, one of the judges in the lower world, and took up his abode in Elysium.
- He was a wise king, the son of Zeus and Europa.
- Later accounts even make him out to be one of the judges of the dead.
- His brothers were Sarpedon and Minos (also a king and later a judge of the dead).
- He was raised by Asterion.
- He had two sons, Gortys and Erythrus.
Greek Myth Index
Reaping Me Softly by Kate Evangelista
My Rating: 4