Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 25, 2013

V is for Vase Paintings

atoz2013
This is a challenge to post every day in April (except on Sundays) blogging thematically from A to Z. Go HERE for details. My A-Z theme this year is Greek Mythology inspired by the book The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan that I recently read.  Please be aware that what I write is my interpretation of my findings and may not necessarily be accurate are straight quotes.
Also, "Featured Book" at the end of these posts are books I've reviewed in this book blog, coinciding with the letter of the day.

I couldn't find any Greek mythology that started with the letter "v" so I bring to you Greek vase paintings instead.  --I had trouble uploading a set (12 images) but there's plenty here to view (for the complete gallery, go to the link source below).






Source:
Mythology Gallery

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Featured Book:

The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

My Rating: 4

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! One of my fave pieces of art is a Greek vase (or water container) with an octopus painted on. Going to try and post a link here--just gorgeous. http://wilblake.com/Blakegraphic/ancientart/OctopusVase.html
    Thanks for this. Hope you can see the pic.
    XO
    Pen
    Visiting from A to Z: www.penelopecrowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates